Monday, September 29, 2008

Fond childhood memories

Welcome to my fondest childhood memories.

I grew up jumping on these rocks.

It's amazing what a few boats in a row can do to a mans brain. 

These boats were laying as they have always done.

There were so many memories that flowed back into my mind when I saw these boat laying like they, or the boats like it have done for at least 35 years.

Not much have changed. 

You can see the Jelly fish, just an arm length out in the water.  There were always a ton of jelly fish right at the boatlanding.

I used to try to get the shell that looks like a little Chinese hat off the rocks, hopefully without braking them.  I never knew what they were called.

There were always a ton of  Blåskjell, or clamshells as they are called in English.

What would this place be without the the fish skeletons.  My dad would always filet the fish right there on the shore after we got in.

It was like time had stood still...

except they added a molo.

They made the boat landing wider.... it used to be room for only one, maybe two boats if you really had to.

And I had my wife with me.  I so wish that she could even have a tiny little glimpse into my mind when we were there. 

It were the closest I have been to be 5 again.

3 comments:

LeaAnne said...

Hey Babe:) It was really fun to watch you love being there!! I love that I am the Wife that got to go;) You are my very bestest friend!

Kathy said...

I have noticed that our past takes on a kind of mythical quality. Objects and places are so mixed up with childhood thoughts and dreams and misunderstandings and awakenings. The sight of row boats and clam shells and beaches just as they were--it calls it all back and we are children again.

Lisa said...

What a great post! I felt I was reliving it with you.